A holiday day in Immenstadt
There are many activities you can do on a holiday day in Immenstadt. Here are some ideas:
- Visit the Alpsee: The Großer Alpsee is a beautiful lake in Immenstadt, surrounded by mountains and forests. Here you can swim, go boating or just enjoy the view.
- Hiking: Immenstadt and the surrounding mountains offer numerous hiking trails for all levels of difficulty. You can take a short hike or spend a whole day in the mountains.
- Visit the Allgäu Mountain Farm Museum: The museum shows the life and work of the mountain farmers in the Allgäu. Here you can learn more about the traditions and history of the region.
- Pay a visit to the St. Nikolaus Church: The church was built in the 17th century and is a beautiful example of baroque architecture. Inside you can see many valuable works of art.
5. Try local specialities: Immenstadt and the Allgäu region are known for their delicious cuisine. Be sure to try cheese spaetzle, Allgäu cheese, pork knuckle and other local specialities in one of the town’s restaurants or inns.
6. Relax in a thermal spa: There are several thermal spas near Immenstadt where you can relax after a strenuous day of hiking or sightseeing.
To the thermal baths in the Allgäu
7. Take a day trip to Oberstdorf: Oberstdorf is another popular town in the Allgäu (only 20 km away from us) and offers many activities such as skiing, hiking and a visit to the famous world championship ski jumping arena.